Monday, May 21, 2012

My first US Trip

I was originally supposed to migrate to the states at 2010, but due to my weak heart I ended up going home. I missed my family too much.

These are the activities I did during my first trip there and surely these are a most see.
1. Beverly Hills - check out the fancy boutiques and the very nicely designed houses by the Hills.
 
2. Universal Studios LA - check out the Wisteria lane from desperate housewives, saw great dramatic effects on the Indian village, great sets used at various movies and series shows, King Kong and Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift:D

3. Watched Alice in Wonderland at El Capitan Theater - very cool set. Saw the costumes and props used at the movie.

4. Go to Las Vegas - [just a few hours drive from LA] watched a magic comedy show by Nathan Burton, went hotel viewing, played the slot machine, drank cocktails at a local bar, and saw the Bellagio singing fountain.

5. Went Outlet shopping - LA has a ton of them! Love them a lot. :) shoes and bags are very affordable.

6. Fry's Electronics - bought a lot of gadgets here. Geek heaven. <3 They have themes depending on the location.

7. Costco - the best membership shopping I've been to. I can live here. Everything i need is here.

8. Hollywood - must visit the Kodak Theater and take a photo with the Hollywood sign. Stay till night time and you will see lots of cool performers.

9. Take a good' ol San Francisco Tour - visited lots of sites such as Fisherman's wharf [yummy food!], golden gate, Hearst Castle, Solvang, Yosemite. We took a 3 day tour $145/pax- stayed at the Hilton.


10. Grocery Shopping - regardless of where you are. you will see lots of interesting foods and fruits.
11. Disney Land - they have 2 here in California. Bought tickets for both but only had the chance to go to one. Really cool! Magic happens.

12. Cheesecake factory - you should try their pasta and cakes! Lovely place but you have to wait to be seated.

13. Cerritos Library - very cool library! big aquariums. spacious reading seats. Best library I've been to.

14. Prince Seafood Restaurant [Cerritos, CA]- very well known chinese restaurant in LA. My family celebrated Chinese new year here.

15. In-N-Out Burger - Yummy burger that's customizable.

16. Dominos Pizza - very yummy thin crust

17. Popeye's Chicken - discount every tuesday night! Good dinner! :)

Hope this helps you. :) Let me know if you have other destinations I should visit for my next visit. Happy tripping!

0 comments: