Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Brazilian Blowout Experiment c/o Edwin Salon & Spa

Just the other day I had a hair treatment to heal my over beaten mind and heart. In my expectations, I would be welcomed in a posh, well trained staff.. who will make me feel relaxed and happy. Just like my experience with Louis Phillip Kee.

Sadly, the weather that day did not cooperate as I hoped it would. I ended up driving the district of Makati aimlessly. With the help of GPS and instructions from the locals, I was finally able to find the Edwin Salon.

It was tough looking for the place. Located at the more unknown place of Makati. They do not have a "dedicated" parking space. But the store itself is large and spacious inside, 3 sections.

I got a Brazilian Treatment with Milk Spa which cost roughly around 10K PHP, but since I got a grouppon, i paid for only about 2K PHP. At first, I had good hopes since I got a friendly shampoo girl. Then turned into a "minor" nightmare. The senior stylist who handled me [though I know she is just trying to get the job as fast as she can] was not as friendly. She kept yanking my hair and it was not a pleasant treatment. She was even training a junior stylist, half of my hair was done by her and the other by the junior stylist. Sadly, I was not happy. In addition, the milk spa treatment did not even feel like a treatment. They included it in my shampoo and I heard that only "a small amount" should be applied.

I was not pleased by my overall experience at this Salon. I'm sure they have better days, maybe the bad weather affected the morale of the people. But even though it was not as relaxing as I had hoped, my hair did seem tamed down.My senior stylist though she did not have great people skills, she does know how to do hair. In the end, I am quite satisfied with her work. Though it might not be enough to bring me back. Comparing it with my experience with Louis Phillip Kee, the resulting hair texture and experience was better.

It was a good learning experience for me. This is my first time to have such an experience, now I know what I need and what I should look for when looking for these kind of treatments. If you ever come across Edwin Salon, I do hope you have a good experience. They have a lot of good stylists, and I can see awards and such in their salon. :) Maybe it was just not a good time for me.

Edwin Salon & Spa
1874 Evangelista Corner, Valderama St., Brgy. Pio del Pilar
Makati City 1200

Anyway, happy tripping to you! :)

15 comments:

Helen Blas said...

You look great! :) Sad, the salons treat groupon deals as if lugi sila when one avails of their services.

Brazilian Blowout Shampoo said...

Certainly a fantastic piece of work ... It has relevant information. Thanks for posting this. Your blog is so interesting and very informative.Thanks sharing. Definitely a great piece of work Thanks for your work.

Anonymous said...

thank you for your review!i've been surfing the net for reviews on this salon coz i also bought a voucher for the Brazilian blowout.

btw,what did you mean by "The texture was a lot different with that of LPK"? Does that mean that your hair looked better after the LPK treatment compared with that of edwin's?
:)

Jeatte Go said...

Hi there! Yes i did like my hair texture better after louis phillip kee did my hair. :)

Metro-FHM Salonspa said...

I want to compliment with your nice comments, negative or positive its still comments to have a solution to your bad experience with my salon under the hands of my salon staff. You just went to the lazy and never follow the standards step by step of brazilian blowout procedure so the treatment was not properly absorb by your hair.
With your bad experience, again... i challenge you to come over and experience again the best srvice, friendly, accommodating salon staff and share the best of their technical skills. Don't worry the senior stylist who made the service previously was already fired due to another offense like yours. Out of 1,200+ voucher user,we encounter a minimal percentage of complaints.

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Metro-FHM. Thank you for your warm regards. I do wish your store success. Cheers!

carina pacete said...

I would like to share my bad experience with this salon. I availed their digiperm last April 9 and the curls didn't even last for a day after I washed it. I am used to getting my hair permed on a regular basis but this is the first time it happened to me. I went to their salon to complain about it; they suggested to redo it but I was worried that my hair will get more damaged telling them "baka masunog". Our conversation was still okay except when this receptionist told me, "hindi naman masusunog ang hair mo mam kc hindi naman apoy ang gagamitin dyan", it tipped me off. I think it was really rude to make a customer feel dumb about her complaint and I think its not the best way to handle an unhappy customer. I suggest you better go to Envy Me salon in Robinsons or Aaron Salon in Ortigas because their perm is better than this salon.

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Carina!

Whoa...digiperm that didnt last for a day :O I agree with you, the comment of the receptionist was uncalled for. Its really hard to get employees to care for your business like you do.

I do hope your hair wasnt damaged in any way. I am a loyal customer of the Black Class Rebond/Perm of Tony & Jackey. You can try them out too. I have been availing their services for 2-3 years now.

Jeatte

Joann said...

Me too, I had a bad experience just a few days ago. I had my digiperm at their JP Rizal branch in Makati using the Metrodeal voucher. It was a total of almost 6hrs of procedure and it cost me 4k (incl. root color, treatment, half rebond) but the result was frustrating. I was told that I'm okay to leave even if my hair was still dripping wet and was applied with 10-12pumps of curling lotion. When my hair finally dried, it was so stiff and heavy. My hair looked so messy and frizzy. I don't know what to do with my hair now, I even messaged the fb page of EdwinLisa but they did not reply. I had my digiperm at a Korean Salon last year but the result was beautiful and it even cost me less (ensogo voucher 1.8k only).

Alamin Miah said...

Really appreciate you sharing this blog.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great. https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

Alamin Miah said...

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue? ryan-todd.angelfire.com

Alamin Miah said...

There is additionally some debate regarding exactly how pain creates from a herniated disk and also exactly how regularly it triggers low neck and back pain. My Blog http://moviefreek.cabanova.com/

Mona afrin said...

I don’t know if it’s just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with your site. It appears like some of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a issue with my browser because I’ve had this happen before. Many thanks My Blog http://moviefreek.cabanova.com/

Mona afrin said...

Such superb write-up! I have no clue how you managed to write this post..it’d take me weeks. Well worth it though, I’d suspect. Have you considered selling banners on your blog? My Blog http://animedeck.blog4ever.com/

Mona afrin said...

Howdy very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also? I'm happy to search out a lot of helpful info right here within the publish, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . . My Blog http://studystruggles.de/index.php/k2/the-fate-of-the-furious-speeds-into-theaters-on-april-14