Saturday, June 23, 2012

Book Bargain with Book Depository





Tired or to busy too busy to visit your nearest bookstore? National Bookstore, Fullybooked all out of stock? Book not available in the country? These are a few major problems book lovers and readers have to endure.


BookDepository might be the solution. It's an online bookstore from the UK that maybe a real bargain. They have a huge collection of books from medical to comics/mangas...you name it! .; have keen and cheaper prices; gives out occasional discount codes; Free international shipping.(yes, even Philippines)- beat that amazon! LOL


From my experience,in which I bought my very first book  gets a mixed reaction. 
I ordered Dare to Dream (OneDirection) from them for $9.74 that is P411.65. (**Fully Booked sells it for P468** i saved 56.35 pesos ! )  It took about 1-2 months to be delivered straight to my doorstep.They send it via air mail so no need to pay and go to the post office. With all my excitement and all, when i did get my it, unfortunately, what i got was a damaged.



I ordered a brand new book but what I recieved look like a workout secondhand book. There are scratches at the front and back cover. The sides of the book are also darkened(dirty). Some of the pages are folded and has tear marks . There are also deep depressions on the covers as if somebody stabbed it with a pen. 
and no sooner, they apologized and gave me a full refund and I did not even have to return the book. it stays with me. So, I got the book i wanted for free but it wasn't in its best condition. With that, with their awesome customer service i give them 5 out of 5. (also because im lazy to go to bookstores and want to save and have books more affordable.) but this happens on a case to case basis, i know of two people who buys here a lot and they never got a 'damaged' book. for me, the benefits outweigh the risk so i recommend this. :) do check them out!  


here's the link if you want to check 'em out!
Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



 To show my great support to this store, I have joined their affiliate program. it'll be a great help, if you'd buy from the link above instead of just buying from the store directly. many thanks :)) 



0 comments: