Monday, August 20, 2012

Umami Review: Japanese Burger Steak Shop in The Groove Rockwell

The first Umami branch in Manila can be found at the Groove, Rockwell near Tiendesitas. It is a japanese cafe that specializes in burger steak. I found my feet bringing me to this quiet place by the corner, and I'm glad that they did.

I did come not for their burger steak but to have a some snack. I decided to try their DECONSTRUCTED TIRAMISU: PHP 160. Very creative and catchy name for a dessert. To my surprise, even the presentation was amazing. I was given this small mug that contained layers of graham, cream, mouse, ice cream: on top of which was a coffee drainer. I had to pour hot water over it so that the coffee will drip to the ice cream. :D It was cool. Taste wise: the whole dish was bitter and lacked creaminess, it was too chunky. This is definitely not for the sweet tooth. But is a FUN unique experience.

I will definitely come back to try their BURGER STEAK. :) Visit them and let me know how it turns out.

Happy tripping!


0 comments: