Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chez Karine Review - Best Pudding in a Bottle

Serendra is the ultimate heaven for posh foodies. It has been expanding and offering unique brands as the months go by. Just recently when I was up and about looking for dessert after dinner, I came across this cute cafe that screams ART. Without hesitation I went in, only to be greeted with cute and fancy colors. YEY!

 

Where am I? 
Chez Karine Bakery's Retail Store at 1/F Serendra Mall Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. They are open from Sun-Thurs: 11am-10pm and Fri-Sat: 11am-11pm. You can contact them at orders@chezkarine.com or +63917.323.2845, +632.804.1889. OR you may even bug them at home-base at 5/F FM Lopez II Building 109 C. Palanca St. Legaspi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila.

So what makes this place so special besides the obvious artsy interior that attracted me to it? This might sound weird but...the SMELL attracted me to it. I have a keen sense of smell and the sweetness of this bakery attracted me to it. My experience with this store excited me so much that I decided to do research on them.

According to their website, they offer freshly made pastries and high quality coffee. They aim to create flavors that blend the Asian and American taste. This truly sounds awesome and based on what I have seen and smelled <haha> from the store, I definitely would say they did good.

As much as I would like to taste every single one of their delicious pastries and drinks, I had too much food, drinks, and ice cream before this..that I only had space for 2 mini pudding. So this is my review of them. 


1. Overall: 4 out of 5.  Awesome taste, presentation, variation <menu>, and pleasant staff.
2. Food: 5 out of 5. Perfect tasting pudding. Loved the taste.
3. Service: 3 out of 5. Not so much interaction with the staff but they did answer my numerous questions.
4. Value for Money: 4 out of 5. It is pricey, PHP 100 for a small gerber bottle. But I would say that the serving size is just right for dessert and with this small size, you cannot go beyond the recommended sugar intake. 

Their Pudding Display - this got my attention in an instant
They have several flavors: Vanilla, Muscovado <Unrefined sugar>,  Chocolate, and Earl Gray. On the other side, they have panna cotta too - comes in strawberry and Mango. Alll for PHP 100 each bottle. But 3 and have it boxed.

Macaroon Heaven - PHP 50 each
They have several macaroon flavors: dark chocolate, strawberry, lemon, salted caramel, earl gray, milk chocolate passionfruit, and pistachio. You can by 7 of these and have it boxed.

Guide on Mousse Cakes

Their Menu. Better refer to this link instead
So besides the macaroons and pudding, they also serve toast/coffee/tarts and anything in between. I'm sure that their menu will even get bigger as they get old. ^_^

So let's talk pudding:

1. Muscovado Pudding - tasted like Leche Flan but with more finesse. It was sweet and light.
2. Vanilla Pudding - tasted like flan with hints of vanilla. With the caramel syrup, it turned sweet.

Both of which are heavenly, they are meant to be enjoyed slow. Not to be mixed or crushed but instead, eaten slowly and carefully. The spoon is to slowly penetrate the flan to reach the syrup. I truly enjoyed this and plan to go back for more! More pudding to share and give to friends - and will definitely try their macaroons next time around! 

Cheers and happy tripping!   








0 comments: