Friday, October 11, 2013

Recommended Korea Travel Agency: THIS IS KOREA

So I just got back from my Seoul trip and honestly I miss it already. Besides the obvious reasons that Seoul is very safe, clean, foodie heaven....the best things that makes me want to come back are the memories and friendships made/strengthened. My trip was from Oct 3-9, 2013. Basically I arrived almost 9PM Korea time on Oct 3, it was a 3.5 hour flight from Manila. Took the usual Piso Fare Sale from Cebu Pacific thus enabling me to travel to Incheon for roughly PHP 6K. My friends and I planned this trip for almost a year and within that year we decided to book our trip with THIS IS KOREA. Its a travel agency that offers customized packages <travel where and when you want> since they offer your own private transportation, accommodation, food, and PHOTOGRAPHY services. We are a party of 11 people, imagine the chaos and problem of managing this big of group. Thank God we booked with BB's company: THIS IS KOREA. It was the best decision ever.

For the first time, we had pictures wherein we were all complete! Not only that, we had SUPERB photos, just check out some sample shots below and imagine all our photos of this quality. It is certainly money well spent! I even have a video recorded when I rode the T-express killer roller coaster of Everland! Imagine that! What a great wicked souvenir is that. Our tour guide BB is certainly the best there is!


Jump shots!

Solo shots!

Creative shots!

Perfect lighting! haha
AMAZING MEMORIES



Another awesome factor I would like to point out is the great food options. Since we were being toured by a English proficient local, it was very easy to order food and to understand what it is. Being a foodie, it is very important for me to know what goes into the food that I am eating. So we ate at the best food places where locals eat and we even went to the well known fish market since I requested to. It really had the best tasting salmon I have tasted. I will be posting my Korea food adventure on another post. But I can confidently say, I feel like a real local based from all the places we ate at.
Best Spicy Cold Noodle Sashimi EVER!
Best Spicy BBQ EVER!
How to prepare your spicy cold noodle
Our usual table setup = table full of food!
Rice and spicy meat mixture = DELICIOUS!
And yet another great factor was transportation. Since Seoul is very big and a lot of places to go to and given our big size of a group, moving from one venue to another was a major problem. So we are really thankful that with the van rented by BB, all 11 fit in one car and we control when we go/leave a venue. HOW AWESOME IS THAT. It was truly stress free.

All of the destinations we went to were preplanned ahead of time, we gave our "wish list" to the agency and they consulted us on what is the best way to organize them. But more than that, they are so customer centric that  BB <our tour guide> even changed our schedule that day itself just to accomodate our sudden whims. We even had a video taken at the bridge shown at the Gentleman video. He made sure that our day <9AM - 9 PM> was maximized. This is really money well spent. Just to give you an idea, these were the places we went to:
Day 1: Haneul Park, lunch and shopping at Hongdae, Trick Eye Museum, N Seoul Tower, Teddy Bear Museum, Local Market
Day 2:  Gyeongbokgung Palace, lunch and shopping at Insadong, basketball, BBQ dinner, shopping at Dongdaemun
Day 3: Nami Island, Cheonggyecheon stream, fast dinner at Dongdaemun, shopping at Myeongdong
Day 4: Gentleman Bridge video, Everland, Fish Market, Rainbow Fountain Show, Picnic Dinner

Al throughout we felt at ease with BB and treated him like a friend. He was a great tour guide but more especially a friend. He was easy to talk to and he kids around with us. This is very hard to find in a tour guide. I have met and booked with several agencies and none of them worked like BB. I really felt the sincerity and heart at what he does. AND THAT is very important. 

With the amazing BB, the guy standing.
There are so many other things that made my korea trip awesome but undeniably THIS IS KOREA made it EPIC. I highly recommend this agency for anyone planning a trip to korea, they are great and your money will be maximized. My whole group <and everyone else who booked with them> was beyond satisfied with this agency, a proof is they even ranked #1 in TripAdvisor! So for inquiries just refer on their Facebook Page or send an email to their company directly. For my friends and I, we reached them via Facebook; communication with them is easy. They have different packages depending on your budget, group size, etc. Just check out their FB page.

Happy tripping! 


More links on my travels or my korea 2015 winter trip or places to eat at in seoul

23 comments:

abs said...

nice!! i wanna go to korea tuloy hahaha...

Anonymous said...

how much did you spent for your tour?... I want to save for this trip...

Marie Bermoy said...

hi...may we know how much did you spent for this trip...maybe an estimate is okay...we are planning next year... thank you and have a nice day

Jeatte Go said...

hi Abby! Yes, Korea is a great place to go :D

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Anonymous,

It was about $450 per person for the 4 day tour. But take note, we are 13 people who booked with the agency and 2 wasnt able to come thats why its 11 people in my article. It gets cheaper if you are more in the group. You may send an inquiry to THIS IS KOREA directly, they respond fast and will give you a quotation based on your preference and budget. :) Hope this helps.

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Marie,

Hm.. for my 6 Day Korea Trip, estimatedly I spent around PHP 45,000 including airfare, food, tours, shopping. :) Hope you have a great trip to korea. let me know if you need anything else.

Marie Bermoy said...

Hi Miss Go,

Thank you for the immediate response on my query, This is Korea does not include in their service accommodate, can you recommend us a good and safe place to stay in Seoul? We prefer Hanok Stay or Homestay/Guest to really feel the culture of Koreans...though we have limited budget. How and Where did you stay there? Mr. Park recommend Agoda and I did see the Embassy of Korea List of Tourism Accommodation...but still it is better if we heard it from you did go there in person. Again thank you for the assistance and thank you for sharing your experience through this blog... you're much appreciated....and by the way some of our group members, 4 of them are kpop fanatics....can you recommend an interesting activity for them? Salaam...:)

Marie Bermoy said...

Sorry for the typo error miss go, what i mean is the accomodation...thank you and have a nice day....

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Marie,

Please call me Jeatte. :) They do have packages that comes with an all inclusive package and another with just the tour. Let me know who you talked to, I can ask my tour guide before on their packages cause I am sure they have different packages.

In my 6 day stay in seoul, i was able to stay at 3 hotels: Diva Hotel, NFourSeason, and Blessing In Seoul. Among the four I like BlessingInSeoul due to its convenience and price but dont expect much in terms of cleanliness. But for Hanok, sadly I wasnt able to stay at one for this trip. But when i canvassed the average rate was 100,000KRW for 2 pax with a private comfort room. I liked Bukchonn Inn the most, i still have the contact if you want. Kpop fanatics? um... maybe go to the drama station or attend concerts. :) they have random events sometimes, managed to attend a live concert in front of all mall. hahaha. I havent dont much kpop activity, mostly was on shopping, food, and culture...cant help much there. sorry. :)

Marie Bermoy said...

Hello Miss Jeatte,

Thank you for extending your assistance to us. It really helps, we decided to stay in Bukchonn Inn, I saw and read in the Tripadvisor of its good review. Have to contact them yet though. I did send the inquiry form required by This Is Korea just now, I hope they could help us for the booking. Is it easy to get a Visa, I did visit their website for the requirements. How much is the regular fare from Manila to Korea if we can not avail the promo fare? Any suggestions? We plan to visit
next year from May 2-8, 2014. By the way it is Mr. Park Sung Don who answered my email.

Thank you again for your assistance, I feel that I found a new friend in you who love the culture of South Korea, others don't get it actually...lol...

Salaam.

Marie Cris

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Marie,

The regular fare can cost up to PHP 13-20K based on my past experiences. You have to consider that THIS IS KOREA is a travel agency, if you wont book a package with them then they will not provide you service. If its your first time or like a well guided trip, I suggest booking with this agency. I really liked them. You can tell the agency that you are going to book a package with them and go from there. I am sure they will assist you as much as you need if you confirmed that you will book with them.:)

Korea visa requirements, just visit the korean embassy at the fort and bring all the required documents. After a few days, you will get your visa. Its very easy and convenient, having a US visa will make your visa approval faster. Everything you need to know is at their website.

Hope this helps.

Marie Bermoy said...

Hi Miss Jeatte,

Salaam.

Thank you for the information. It did help a lot. I guess we need to adjust again the date of our travel, there are only seven of us as of now and for 7 days tour including arrival and departure as well as accommodation, This is Korea charged us 1,750 USD, it's expensive for us. We plan to travel from September 7-13, 2014. If you plan to have a tour again next year...hehehe...come join us:) the more the merrier, three of our members are staying in Manila while we are living in Cotabato City...so you see it is really a bit expensive if there are only 7 of us:) and if you know someone who wants to travel to Korea next year...please...please introduce us...:) My Name is Marie Cris B. Batuampar, presently working in the Department of Tourism - ARMM....please contact me if anybody is interested...thank you and wassalam...

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Marie,

So its $1750 per person for 7 days? What is the star of the hotel? And all meals included? Airport transfers? Entrance fees?

WOW 7 of you?! hahaha fun. so what's your agenda for going to korea september?

and another WOW! What is your role in DOT? Thank you for doing an awesome job in promoting our country <3

Marie Bermoy said...

So expensive huh?! It's expensive because of our number...lol...We decided to booked at the Bukchoon Inn, and let the agency do it for us except meals during the tour, including transfer inn and out of the accommodation. I assumed that regardless of the number of sites we visit...it's the same amount๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฏ... I tried to lower down the sites, it did not worked...Still we are hopeful that later on our group will increase...

Am a tourism officer and particularly handles tourism accreditation. As of now Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is a hard sell...๐Ÿ˜ƒ....we have tourist lots of tourist sites on culture, nature, adventure and the likes...but as you know peace stability right now is unstable...we are hopeful though...with the proper coordination with our department and LGU official, we make it through... Actually travel and foodie bloggers frequently visit Our region...and we are grateful on that....let me know if in the future...you're interested in visiting Mindanao. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒธnice exchanging words with you Miss Jeatte...Salaam๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

judith dela cruz said...

so ms jeatte... 450 usd just for the travel agency alone for 6 days tour?per person? wow...

judith dela cruz said...

hi ms.jeatte... kumuha ka ba first ng visa or ticket muna???/

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Judith,

the 450USD was their 2012 rate. Their rate changed now. 450USD was for a 4D tour with This is Korea. My friends and I booked tickets 2012. And got our visa just 1-2 month3 before our trip. The korean embassy here in manila is very efficient. Got my visa in just 2 weeks I think. No fees. :)

Jeatte Go said...

Hi Marie,

Sure! I have yet to go to Mindanao! I want to see so many places there. I will drop you a note or email if I do.

Anonymous said...

Hello! We'll.be travelling to korea in march and I booked this is korea for 4 days :)
So excited for this and when I came across your blog somewhat I felt relieved seeing a filipino who got firsthand experience from TIK. Im glad you had a nice one. So im looking forward to ours.

Just wondering, did the guide join you during meals ? Of course he has to eat too hehe but not sure how it goes since the daily rate should cover for all his expenses , right?:)

Jeatte Go said...

Hi there!!

Wow, march. should still be a bit cold. make sure to bring a jacket. :)

Yes, BB ate with us and he paid for all the meals. It was included in our package.

Have a great trip! :D

Anonymous said...

Great thanks!:)

One more thing,so I sent them theplaces and food we'd like to see.so they sent a sample 4 day itinerary (I dont know if its the same thing he sent your group). But noted that itinerary will be made on the day since its going to be a flexible tour.
How abt you guys? Did u happen to know where u will be going only on day 1 ,upon meeting ur guide?
Also would u happen to know if tourist can buy a prepaid simcard at the airport? Did u buy one? :)
I dont want to activate roaming bec we'll be there for 9 days hehe It might be cheaper if I get a local sim like what I always do when we travel

Jeatte Go said...

Hi!

Yes, its the same. Upon meeting the tour guide, we planned were we want to go inside the van. Usually things like "weather", "traffic", "special events"... drive changes in our plans.

No, we did not buy local sim. We used our roaming service. We used facebook to contact BB when we are in hotels. I am sure you can ask THIS IS KOREA for more information on that.

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Hi po, legit po ba yung This is Korea?
I'm planning to book their package tours sana. ☺ thanks