Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hair and Makeup By Girlie Ting-Uy - Service

Last 12/8/2013, I attended an awesome wedding. It was really creative, the couple even had a dance mob, their own website with articles and videos, AND they even had their reception favors have augmented reality in it! But above all else...Superb love story between the two individuals. 

Anyway, given that I know that this wedding will be big... I had to get my hair and makeup done. But I have a MAJOR problem. I have a MASSIVE acne breakout. I even had a european facial <PHP 1000> done by Mod Lei the day before the wedding. Sadly it did not help a bit. I was seriously depressed and panicked about this. Then I met Girlie <MUA>, she was a friend of my sister and was highly recommended. Girlie had been in the makeup and spa industry for a few years now. She did her cosmetics study for 2 years before she actually went into practice. She had several celebrity clients and saw some of the photos in her salon. I usually hear her say "Make you look like a celebrity." She was really nice and pleasant when I met her on 12/8/2013.As of the moment, she does not have airbrush makeup services yet as she has her own bias for the traditional makeup, but soon she will offer that too. Paid PHP 2000 per person for hair and makeup.
The BeutyWorx Salon
So my mom and I had our makeup done by her and hair styling was directed by her while her assistant did our hair. We started at 8:30 AM and ended at around 11 AM. She started putting makeup on me first while my mom was getting her hair prepped. She was nice when she did not even comment on my bad breakout, we chatted while she did her magic on my face. It was really amazing cause unlike the other MUA that I hired before, she actually looked like she knew what she was doing; she was putting a green mask like substance on my face and it was supposed to even out my skin. She made use of the best makeup brands, this works for me since I have a VERY SENSITIVE skin. She spent a lot of time concealing my acne and balancing my eyes. The end result was great! My forehead was blemish free and my EYES lids were simply GORGEOUS. I really missed my "blemish free" skin and thought to myself that if my acne does not go away then I will just probably use makeup. Afterwards, my mom was next to hit at the high chair. My mom was quite old and she had a lot of spots and wrinkles. My mom is not the type who puts lotions and all that cosmetics in her face. So when Girlie was finished with her, my mom and I were both pleasantly surprised. I even wanted to cry a bit. My mom was really beautiful and she looked a lot younger with less problems. Her makeup was very elegant and sufficient to cover the "age". I really loved how refreshing she looked. Actually this is the first time I saw her with a full blown hair and makeup service done, and I was glad she loved how she looked. 

So here are some before and after shots. Hope these pictures are enough to show you Girlie's talent.


The transformation of Jeatte
The Always Beautiful Mom
<Blemish Free> Me with Girlie
So to even amaze you <and me> Girlie also owns a SPA/SALON. Its name is BeautyWorx, its located in 2nd Flr #529 A. Mabini St., 1400 Sangandaan, Caloocan, Philippines. So in case you wanted to get a cheaper rate, you can get your Hair and Makeup done here. But if not, she can also go to the agreed upon place which is more convenient for you. Their salon has a small parking lot for the building tenants, so I had no problem with my car. Do check her salon, they actually have a lot of services and I would definitely get a body scrub there soon. And if you want more photos, check out her Facebook Page. I absolutely love her, hope you do too. Happy tripping!

Reasonable price rates: 

I. WEDDING PACKAGES (Hair and Makeup at place dictated by client): 
  1. Bride and Groom - PHP 8500
  2. Bride, Groom + 2 people -  PHP 12500
  3. Bride, Groom + 4 people - PHP 15000
  4. Bride, Groom + 6 people - PHP 20000
  5. OTHER CHARGES:
      1. Flower Girls(6&below) PHP 500
      2. Flower Girls(7 – 12) PHP750
      3. Additional Adult - PHP 2000 
II. Trial Traditional Make-up+ Hair Styling/ Prenup
  1. Location: Salon - PHP 2000 
  2. Location: Within metro manila: half day - PHP 3500 
  3. Location: Within metro manila: whole day - PHP 5000
  4. Location: Outside metro manila - Depends. Will need to shoulder transportation
III. Terms and Conditions: A 50% deposit of the total amount upon signing the contract is required in order to secure your date. The remaining balance is due on the day of the event before leaving for the church. All packages include a free facial treatment for the bride and groom and 10% discount on spa services.

More useful information:
  • Products Used: MAC, Shu Uemura, Make-up Forever, Bobbie Brown, Kryolan, Nars, Laura Mercier, Stila, Smashbox, others 
  • For Inquiries, contact: 985-1899 / 09228652542
  • Email Add: girlie_ting@yahoo.com 
  • “ Revealing your beauty through make-up artistry”
  • Facebook Page: BeautyWorx




0 comments: