Thursday, January 15, 2015

Your First Job: A Practical Guide to Success - Nelson Dy

We all have been in the same boat when it comes to being fed or being assigned to do something we do not want. No matter how shallow or grave this "thing" is, we have one way or another did something we did not particularly like. But the thing about life...we always a choice. Everything is a matter of perspective. One very close topic in my heart is my JOB. More often that not, I do get things assigned to me that I do not particularly understand at first. I react to it just like any other "normal" person would do, grumble and do it halfheartedly. Over the years, I have grown more mature and can understand better what working means. In a nutshell I more than blessed with the job I have now, I actually love the company I work for and the people I work with. It is just that I have bad days at times. So, this book gave me a lot of insights/ reminders and I do hope they shed light to you during these "bad days".

  1. Initially the book talked about the importance of knowing where you want to go.  The importance of getting the right mentors to guide you as you walk the path you wanted...save yourself the unwanted hurts and unnecessary jumps. List down the trainings or further education that are needed to reach that end goal of yours. Work is a gift, being idle is a curse. Even God worked in Genesis.
  2. "Bloom where you are planted." To do this, do the following steps:
    1. Ask God to be "with you". Cause as the bible says, if God is with you and your desires then He will bless you. Ask yourself, do you have the right relationship with God? God is the ultimate designer and planner
    2. Master new skills.
More notes to come once I reread the book.

0 comments: