Friday, October 16, 2015

Tamarind - SM Aura, Taguig

Had a hearty Thai lunch at Tamarind, SM Aura. Its located at the 5th Level (Sky Park level), SM Aura Premier Mckinley Parkway, Brgy. Fort Bonifacio Global City Taguig. You can place a reservation with them at 556-1156. We were lucky that when we arrived the restaurant just opened and we were seated then attended to immediately. We did not know what to order so we went with the recommendation of our server. 

We had:
SOUP- Tom Yum Soup Mixed Seafood P340
NOODLES - Kanom Jin Kiew Waan Mixed Balls (angel hair w/ green curry) P230
FISH - Pla Jaramet Thod (deep fried pampano w/ tamarind sauce) P480

The place was really good in ambiance and small details. I love the table setup. I love the ceiling lights. I adore the creative wall design of their logo. I don't like their restroom though. Its too small and its only one (gender mixed).

<3


The food...
We started with the Tom Yum and it was really good. The sourness was just right and it had a lot of fresh ingredients. We really loved the taste. I will go back to Tamarind just for this. Serving is big, more than enough for 2 but just right for 4 people.

Tom Yum Mixed Seafood P340
Next we were served the Kanom Jin Kiew Waan Mixed Balls. It was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed the texture of the angel hair, the green curry sauce was really good as well. The only thing we did not like here was the black balls, we do not know what it was.
Kanom Jin Kiew Waan Mixed Balls P230
Final dish was Pla Jaramet Thod. This was a major wow for me. Wow that the fish was too small. We asked for it to be de-boned and when it was served back it looked even smaller. But when I tasted it, it was Wow again. It was really good. The tamarind sauce was superb. I truly enjoy the combination of the sauce and the fish. This is a really good dish but the price was too steep for me. I might not order this again, but I will look for other dishes with this tamarind sauce and see what it tastes like.
Pla Jaramet Thod P480
Overall, I loved Tamarind. R and I both did. We will definitely recommend and eat here again. Its rare that my picky tongue and stomach gets satisfied. Good job for the people at Tamarind! Love your food.
My favorite type of photos - table food
Outside Logo

Both of us happy!

0 comments: