Monday, January 18, 2016

[ACTIVITY] Sip and Gogh - Painting on Canvas for *P1000

To start the year, I was finally able to do something I have been meaning to do for the past years. PAINTING! 
Class
Last January 2, 2016, R and my youngest sister accompanied me to the Sip and Gogh at Eastwood mall. They currently have 3 open branches at Ayala, Eastwood, and Kapitolyo. They have a branch opening soon at Alabang. Here are their branch details: 

Sip & Gogh Ayala Heights Branch
#1 Capitol Hills Drive, Old Balara 1119 Quezon City, Philippines
Landline Number: +63 2 961 12 48
Mobile Number: +63 999 887 61 90
Email Address: info@sipandgogh.com
Studio Operating Hours:
Tuesday to Friday: 1pm - 11pm
Saturday to Sunday: 10am - 11pm
Monday: Closed

Sip & Gogh Eastwood Branch
Unit LG3-4, G/F Eastwood Le Grand 3, Eastwood City, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Philippines
Landline Number: +63 2 942 30 35
Mobile Number: +63 998 886 61 07
Email Address: info.eastwood@sipandgogh.com
Studio Operating Hours:
Monday to Sunday: 1130am - 1130pm

Sip & Gogh Kapitolyo Branch
2/F ACE Hotel and Suites, United St., corner Brixton St., Kapitolyo, Pasig City, Philippines
Landline Number: +63 2 632 00 69
Mobile Number: +63 997 804 43 84
Email Address: info.kapitolyo@sipandgogh.com
Studio Operating Hours:
Monday to Sunday: 1pm - 10pm

Sip & Gogh Alabang Branch
2/F Unit 5, Molito 3, Madrigal Avenue corner Alabang-Zapote Road, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Philippines

Their branch in eastwood is pretty cozy. It can hold about 30 students (I think), we just walked in and very lucky to be accommodated for their 2:30 PM free session. We paid P1000 per person, I used my credit card to pay. This is inclusive of all paint materials (canvas, brushes, and paint), complimentary drink (wine or juice or soda), and appetizer platter (cheese, biscuits). We were given our own mini easel on top of the table and mixing plate with a very fun apron. Per session is 2 hours and you have to finish your art work by then. Their sessions mostly range from 11:30, 2:30, 5:30, 8:30. Better book from their website to know the schedule and/or assigned artwork. The slots in eastwood branch sells like pancakes during weekends, so book early!
Paint Sip Laugh
Eating and Art
I decided to illustrate my favorite subject: Stitch. Whereas R decided to do paint Starry Starry Night and Tots went for Kingdom Hearts. They have a lot of sample artworks designed for beginners, you can opt to paint them. Or go free style like me and Tots. At first I was so nervous that I did not know how to start, I just drew Stitch by pencil and hoped he will look like himself. All the while eating biscuits cause they were soooo yummy. Did not care about germs this time! Then I started painting Stitch part by part, color by color. Go from light to dark. Challenge for me was mixing colors, Stitch had several shades of blue on his body. So I had to be very careful and specific. There was a point I got frustrated but glad that it turned out fine. I was so happy when I did the last outlines, it really looked like Stitch. It was a pleasure hearing a lot of people recognizing my work and saying it looks good. I am happy I did justice to a favorite character of mine. I was also very amazed by the outcome of R and Tot's. They never really painted before and it looked great. I will be sure to hang our masterpieces at our home.


Sketching
Tots' starting
Light to Dark
Was worried here... Stitch looked weird
Final Product!


Tots' Kingdom Hearts
R's Starry Starry Night

The thing I like most about the painting here is that anyone can do it. With the instructors help, anybody (even those without experience) can recreate a masterpiece of their own. They assist you by getting the right acrylic colors and by teaching the strokes on how to achieve the look you want. But more than anything, they let you create it the way you want and just check up on you if you need help. This allows the artist to explore and gain personal confidence. the amount of time given (2 hours) is just right to come up with a good looking piece, it allows you to work at your own pace. It may sound a lot a first, but time will fly! I truly enjoyed my experience at Sip and Gogh. I cannot wait to go back with my other sister. Plus you get to take home your artwork in a nifty paperbag, acrylic dries fast so no worries on smudges. 

Our masterpieces
Check them out and I'm sure you will not regret it. I have not met anyone who did. For those who wants to enroll for 8-session painting classes, they have for beginner and advanced. From 5000 to 6500. Call 9423035 for details.

Painting Classes

0 comments: